Saturday, December 5, 2009

Front Row Seats Ticketmaster?

I've heard of people getting front row tix to hot shows like gwen stefani.. what is the best method to get front row? obviously be really quick, but on the internet or by phone? I heard on the internet ticketmaster is really random and sometimes releases better tickets later.. so would I have a better chance of calling? Also when do I call, say if it starts at 10 when I should I call? like 9:55? or 9:59.. would they give me the best tickets they have then? thankss all!



p.s. i want to get them for the shows nutcracker and cats



also i heard they have american express front of the line tickets that they sell like a month in advance.. how come i cant find any of this? it shows for phantom of the opera but nothing else.



hah thanks for reading all this



Front Row Seats Ticketmaster?dream theater



On ticketmaster you can select best available and the section you want to sit in but it is random. Usually you can get great seats buy purchasing online depending on the event.



If you call then the best thing to do is to start at 10am because they will not sell before then. If you know your seating chart then you can ask them that you prefer best available front center ticket and they will give you that option.



I have done both but have better luck going to a local grocery store that has a ticketmaster and getting the seats you want.



American Express sponsors random shows in advance. If you see Phantom of the Opera then that is the only one they have listed at this time or the chance to get the tickets in advance is already over to my knowledge.



Well best of luck getting your tickets. The nutcracker is amazing and I have yet to see Cats!!!



Front Row Seats Ticketmaster?performing arts opera theaterThank you Report It


I once woke at 4:00 am and drove two hours to St. Louis to wait in line a the box office for tickets to see Neil Young. We got 10th row.



I called Ticketmaster once to get tickets to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and got the top row, literally, at Kemper Area in Kansas City. I got thru ten minutes after they went on sale.



I'd say try your local Ticketmaster office first and then if you can't get a seat then call.
I have bought thousands of tickets in my life - I take entire groups from my school. The only way to get GOOD tickets (for yourself, personally) is IN PERSON. We are *members* of the Metropolitan Opera Guild (we donate $$$), the Philadelphia Orchestra, the NY Philharmonic, and the Boston Symphony (among other things) - so we get *some* preferential treatment. But when we are at ONE thing in NYC, we go get our tickets for the NEXT thing. We own seating charts for all the venues (Stubs book - many online things you cannot read) so we do our homework - and we beat the handling and shipping fees. Yes, some AMEX cards give you some preferential seating or release dates - but nothing beats showing up LIVE to get your tickets.



Popular music things are handled differently, I am sure - we classical types seldom if ever line up days ahead for Maurizio Pollini or Ann Netrebko. We just hit the box office, or pull any strings we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton