Thursday, December 10, 2009

? Was I Wrong...?

i recently bought myself a ticket to an opera ("Lucia di Lammermoor"), and i am intending to go by myself, it's something i want to enjoy as a "me time" sort of thing. i have a friend that loves going to operas, symphonies, museums, etc., just like me. i didn't tell her i'd bought a ticket, and didn't invite her, because, like i said before, i want to go by myself. but she found out i was going and is a little bummed that i didn't invite her. as a friend, was i wrong not to invite her to come with me? because i feel a little bad about it, but i'd really like to go by myself.



? Was I Wrong...?concerts



yep



? Was I Wrong...?headache opera theater



i totally agree with YOU. sometimes you just don't want tag alongs.
no, you weren't wrong
If you wanted to go by yourself, that is perfectly fine and you are in no obligation to take someone with you. I would just explain to her you wanted to go alone and enjoy it on a personal level. No hard feelings. I am sure she will understand. Of course, it would be natural for her to feel a little down about it, but she will get over it if she is a true friend.
She cant expect you to invite her to everything!! You have every right to go by your self. If she wants to go bad enough, she can get her own ticket. Dont let her make you feel bad!
just tell her you'd like a little alone time, and the fact you didnt buy her a ticket wasnt a comment con her character.



tell her basically you think shes a wonderful person, espesh as she shares ur interest in this stuff, but you feel you need to spend time alone sometimes, and you feel you cvan do this best by going to the opera.



annabel xx



ps:good luck
no, and you shouldn't feel bad about it. She can get her own ticket if she wants to go badly enough.
you werent wrong at all.



did you try explaining to her you wanted "me time"?



everyone needs time alone.



people think im crazy because sometimes i like to eat dinner at a resturant alone, but i need "me time" as well.



im sure your friend will understand if you explained it to her and just set a date for another day to see it with her : )



just be careful with your wording because you dont want to come off as avoiding her or you not wanting to hang out with her.
Not at all. If she's upset, just explain that you wanted time to yourself. Then the next time you want to go to an opera, invite her.
she should understand that u want to enjoy the opera by urself , and tel her niceley that next time ull invite her !
Shame on you!!!!!
u are not wrong



everyone deserves time to themselves and u shouldn't feel guilty
"Me" time is always good. But explain to her that you want to go by yourself and that maybe the next time, you will invite her to go too.
Unfortunately, if she's not the "alone" type of person, she won't understand. I think she'd feel bad, but you shouldn't be. Everyone should enjoy their alone time once in awhile.



I'd like to go to the movies alone sometime, but I haven't had the chance to.
Nope, everyone needs me time. Invite her to the next one you go to and explain why she wasnt invited to this one
ur soooo not wrong. and for a friend, she should understand. Simpy say something like this= I;m really sorry I didn't invite you. I really wanted to since ur my good friend and u love operas just like me. Yet I really wanted some free time. I'm sorry. I hope you understand but I didn;t mean it to go like this. I really wanted free time to myself since I get none of that. I'm sorry. I really hope you understand/..



well say SOMETHING similar to that.
No it's not wrong of you to want some alone time. You friend should understand this and respect your need to have some alone time. It's just she enjoys you and likes to spend time with you and she feels she is not needed. Reassure her that she is an important part of your life and that you enjoy being with her, but we all need some personal space. She should understand and probably feels bad for causing a tiff between you.
no your not wrong....you should just tell her that you want alone time and that you girls can go to another opera another time or something....she should understand...
It depends on how you look at it. But if you wanted to be alone that's totally normally.
HELL NO. You did her a favor!
Alone time is good, don't worry about it. Invite her to go do something some other time.
tell her you just wanted to go by yourself... you were right its totally fine to do stuff for you!
If you bought a ticket for your friend then you would have to get one for everyone else. You are not wrong.
No you were not wrong. Alone time is healthy. Invite her to do something another time. A real friend will understand and get over it.
You should invite her but if she says No then don't beg her. Just say I'm going do you wanna go...
I don't think you were wrong - I like doing certain things on my own - just tell her why.
ur fine, just tell her "Hey, I have alot on my mind, I just really wanna go alone.............Maybe we can hook up this weekend (or next depending on ur plans) And we can have some us time, because, this is my me time, not us time.........sorry"
not wrong, maybe you should explain it to her. If she's truly a fan, she'll appreciate you wanting to experience it yourself.
dead wrong, idiot! AS USUAL!!
who the FUCl%26lt; likes opera?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton