Saturday, December 5, 2009

How can I get free tickets for museums?

My niece is coming from my country in few weeks. She is preparing her teses for marine biology and I considering to take her to interesting places. I'm retired and very short in money. If someone know how to help me please I'll apreciate. She wants to see at least 1 broadway show and 1 funtion in metropolitan opera.



It is her dream.



How can I get free tickets for museums?events



If you are talking about NYC and it sounds like it here is my advice:



-The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Natural History Museum are suggested donation museums. They would rather you pay the full price, but you can pay as little as penny to enter, just tell them you are only paying a certain amount.



-For Broadway on the cheap try TKTS. there is one in times square, but check out the lesser known one in the South Street Seaport (which is also a great tourist destination) as less people know about it. You have to get them same day, but they are 50% off.



-For opera at the Met, try Rush tickets. You need to go to the box office 2 hours ahead of time and they should have $20 tickets. they allow 2 per person. If you want to get dinner on the cheap while you wait, as Lincoln Center is expensive try Ollie's for good and cheap Chinese.



-Buy Time Out New York, they have tons of free things to do listed.



How can I get free tickets for museums?home theatre opera theater



Museums usually have one day of the week free in major cities. The show tickets, though, you will likely have to pay for.



However, there are a lot of free, interesting places. Put the name of your town and "places to go" "free" into your browser, or similar
You could look on eBay, get them mega cheap, otherwise there isn't really a way to get free tickets.



Unless there's a contest or raffle or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton