Saturday, December 5, 2009

Please help me to write a tactful answer to the letter below?

The answer should be tactful in which i don't accept an invitation. My teacher is going to ask me to read it today but i still haven't done anything about it.Please help



Here's the letter



Dear joshua



I really appreciate the invitation to go with you to see the Philip Glass opera. I like classical opera, but, as you know, Philip Glass is a contemporary composer. I find his operas long and unexciting despite the good reviews they have received. His music, which i like to listen to when i mediate, is not what i'd prefer to listen to while sitting for four hours. AIDA is what i would like to see. I have tickets for next month for the two of us.



As ever, Karen



Please help me to write a tactful answer to the letter below?imax theatre



I don't think anyone is going to actually just sit and do your homework for you. Take the letter and reply step by step, for example...



For the first sentence, a polite reply: "Thank you for writing back and letting me know."



For the second sentence, again a polite reply: "I am aware that you like classical opera, but I was not fully aware of your distinct preferences."



For the third sentence: "I understand your perspective, even though it is different from my own."



Continue in this way, and you will have no trouble finishing the assignment.



Please help me to write a tactful answer to the letter below?performing show opera theater



I'd suggest that you write the tactful response yourself, then post it here for input of any advice/changes we think might improve it.



I'm sure I can guarantee you'd get a better response than just asking someone here to do your assignment for you - :)
Agree with her about Philip Glass (but don't agree too much - after all, you invited her!) and be enthusiastic and thankful about her AIDA tickets. Mainly, even if you were hurt and disappointed she didn't want to go to the opera, just be polite and don't write anything that would make people take offense. That's all you need to do to be tactful.
Tell her that you respect her oppinion and cant' wait to attend the AIDA with her-

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton