Saturday, December 5, 2009

How can I help the guy I have feelings for feel more comfortable with me?

I told a male coworker that I had feelings for him and was shot down because he has a girlfriend. Whenever we spent time together before, we had a blast. When he told me that he had a girlfriend, it hit me like a ton of bricks because it came out of NOWHERE..it's almost as if he had forgotten..



Before I found out about her, he told me that he thought I was amazing and so atypical.



Ever since, it's been a little awkward but I still want to be his friend. I invited him to see the opera Carmen with my friends and me and he wouldn't give me a straight up answer about whether or not he wanted to go..so I just bought the tickets.



I just called him and told him that I have them and if he wants to go, he's welcome and if not, no big loss. He said it would be awkward and date-like but I said I'm not forcing him into this.



How can I make him more comfortable around me, especially since I still want to be his friend? But I still definitely have feelings for him.



How can I help the guy I have feelings for feel more comfortable with me?concerts



This would be something like a parallel universe, or something...



Only I write as the (live-in) girlfriend of the guy that has (or HAD) a former co-worker interested in him. I'd have to say that I probably recognized it before he did and asked him if she knew he had a girlfriend. His response was vague, but he justified it by saying that he had no personal interest or physical attraction toward her, and that his personal life was his business.



I think that the possibility of you remaining 'just' friends (with feelings for him) is unrealistic. Likely he won't/doesn't feel comfortable socializing with you in the company of his girlfriend knowing how you feel about him.



Any possibility of you remaining friends would hinge on you finding someone else to focus your attention on so that he can see that you have moved on and are happy with someone else.



How can I help the guy I have feelings for feel more comfortable with me?headache opera theater



You need to be honest with yourself about what you want. If you were his GF would you want him to go to a play and hang out with another woman that has feelings for him?



Seems like he is trying to be true to his girl and not hurt your feelings. But I think you need to figure out if you just want to be friends, then I'd back off a little and stick to having lunch at work and doing whatever you guys did before, without taking it to a level he doesn't feel comfortable with.



Talk to him and just let him know you value his friendship, and wouldn't do anything to make him feel uncomfortable, but that you'd like to continue to be friends without either one of you feeling awkward. And then listen to what he has to say.



Good luck, it's always tough to put yourself out there when you work or have a class with someone.
Mmm, this situation can be really tough. It depends on what his feelings are for you and for his girlfriend and how much he trusts you and even how much he trusts himself. Maybe you need to give him a bit of time to come to terms with what you have said and then re-connect later on.
The best thing you can do is leave him alone because going by what you just wrote, he does not have interest in you at all hes just trying to be nice without hurting your feelings. If you're trying to do things with him and he's really not feeling you like that all he's going to do is use you. So its best that you leave him alone. It's too many guys out there and its really not a good idea to date coworkers anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
noton